ON PAPER (CV)
JENNIFER J MAWBY
PRINCIPAL CONSULTANT, INTUITI CONSULTING VANCOUVER, BC (2000 TO PRESENT)
Principal & founder of firm providing change analysis, change coaching and training, communications, project management, strategy, and business process/systems analysis consulting to international clients (Canada, USA, and Mexico). Clients including: Mitacs; Royal Sun Alliance/CNS; 2010 Cultural Olympiad, (CODE Live); MundoExports Inc.; DIG 360 Consulting; Canadian Gene Cure Foundation; TNT Manufacturing; HR Options; Open Learning Agency eBBA program.
SR. PROJECT MANAGER, PROGRAMS. MITACS, VANCOUVER, BC (JULY 2010 TO JUNE 2013)
Change leadership and project management with portfolio of cross-functional projects for 5 core programs; establishing efficiencies and process -enabling technologies; workflow improvement; management reporting and metrics; operational and strategic planning tools/best practices. Change training, communications, coaching and facilitation for introduction of best practices, improving internal communications and stakeholder relationship-building for this national not-for-profit, in the academic innovation and primary R&D sector (www.mitacs.ca).
CONSULTANT, VANCOUVER 2010 CULTURAL OLYMPIAD DIGITAL EDITION (CODE) VANCOUVER, BC (AUG. 2009 - FEB 210)
Providing communications, training, social media campaign, authoring technical and training materials, recruitment, people management and coaching of Docents and Special Skill Volunteers; scope of 3 exhibition venues over this 18 day event of new media and technology-based art exhibitions as part of the Vancouver 2010 Cultural Olympiad.
CHANGE MANAGER, CNS/ROYAL SUN ALLIANCE TORONTO/VANCOUVER, BC (2008)
Managing process of implementing Organizational Change, and change coaching with key functional leaders for this post-acquisition merger in the insurance sector (and partially unionized environment); Stakeholder relationship-building; developing change management plan, strategy and tactical approach, presenting to senior management for approval; managing schedule of deliverables; internal change communications; project management support to Operations; facilitating workshops, presentations and planning sessions. Scope of changes included rollout of new branding, products, pricing, organizational structure and business critical software systems for the Western Canada region.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER, SEAGULL MARITIME INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (SUBSIDIARY OF TK SHIPPING) VANCOUVER, BC (2003-2004)
Developing & implementing strategies for new market (US domestic shipping); integrating merger of corporate acquisition; writing proposals and external communications & developing product strategy of custom program development for key clients; strategic relationship-building for this oil transportation industry e-learning and training company. Clients including US Coast Guard, PetroBras Brazil, Kirby Marine (Houston, Texas).
PROGRAM MANAGER, TK SHIPPING VANCOUVER, BC (1999-2003)
Organizational Effectiveness Team Member responsible for delivering solutions for strategic cross-functional objectives set by Sr. Management; stakeholder relationship-building; developing project plans; leading installation, implementation and adoption for Organizational Change Management; facilitation, ensuring adoption, authoring change communications, training, train-the-trainer, and change coaching. Recommending innovative and best practices; providing regular reports, metrics, presentations, and communications to Sr. Management Team and Board of Directors. Leading the design, implementation and successful certification audit of new operations management system from policy to procedural level for HSEQ (ISO 14000, ISO 9001, OHSAS & ISM Code) a 2-year initiative for 3 global offices and 90 oil tankers.
TRAINING & ACCOUNT MANAGER, CREDIT SYSTEMS INTERNATIONAL BURNABY, BC (1996-1998)
Delivering training for clients and employee training for the ERNEX System; managing project rollout schedules; writing technical and training materials; marketing materials, providing technical support; upgrading and configuring equipment. Front-line change agent between merchants and four major Canadian banks regarding the rollout of new credit/debit card programs and transaction processing; for this information technology company in both the US and in Canada. Clients including Intrawest Resorts, Levi’s Canada, Family Golf and the Mutual Exchange Network.
- Prosci, Change Management Practitioner Certification (ADPRO), (2013).
- UBC (Computers, Technology and Media, Continuing Ed.), PMP Exam Prep, (2009).
- SFU (School of Engineering Science, Continuing Ed.), Ecommerce, (2000).
- SFU (School of Engineering Science, Continuing Ed.) Project Management (Gary Robinson), (1999).
- SFU (School of Engineering Science, Continuing Ed.), Management Skills in Advanced Technology Program (MSAT), (1999).
- UBC Planning Short Courses, Workshops and Seminars for Adults, (1999).
- UBC Business and Technical Writing, (1998).
- UBC Techniques of Adult Education, (1998).
- UBC Bachelor of Arts, Classical Studies (BA).
- Grant Writing Workshop (2011), City of Vancouver.
- Systems Thinking (2004), University of Michigan Executive Education, Vancouver.
- Project Communications (2004), TK, Vancouver.
- ISO 9001 (quality) & 14000 (environmental) Lead Auditor Training (2004).
- Vancouver. Risk Management for Project Managers (2003), PMI, Toronto.
- MS Project Software Training (2000), Vancouver.
- Association of Change Management Professionals, Member, (2013)
- White Paper Committee Member, Association of Change Management Professionals, (2013).
- Project Management Institute (PMI), (1999 to present).
- Contemporary Art Society of Vancouver (CASV) – Board of Directors Member, Programming Committee Co-Chair and Vice-President, (2007 to 2010).
- Dress for Success, volunteer coaching and empowering women reentering the workforce.
- Muscular Dystrophy Association of Canada (BC Chapter), Public Relations Coordinator, Harley Davidson Anniversary Event.